Monday, June 2, 2014

Lazy Crafts

I am a fan of lazy crafting.

There, I said it.

I will gladly go all out and make an entire set backdrop fabulous enough for Broadyway - when I have the time.
But when you don't have 10 hours to sit down and create a masterpiece you can always take the "lazy" way out.

We just recently moved and it's been hectic trying to get everything organized. UNFORTUNATELY, that means that I have to deal with searching for things and not having a home for a lot of my stuff. So this weekend, I got the craft bug in me and decided to create my own twist on a Pinterest favorite of mine. It was simple, cheap AND it created a good looking home for something. One more off the list, right?

Here is the Pinterest inspiration:





In order to achieve this, you literally have to buy only two things:

1. Sand (or river type rocks could work too)
2. A glass jar

I purchased both of these items at Walmart - black glitter sand and a jar that I liked. The total cost of the project including gasoline to and from Walmart was less than $5!


I chose black because I didn't want my sand to get discolored by something (such as dirty makeup brushes - BAD MOE!) They had a couple other colors at Walmart besides black, but I know if you're willing to splurge on your sand, you can get nearly any colored sand you want at a craft store for around $7.

 I originally filled the jar less than half way, which the brushes just sat to the side of the jar. NOT what I wanted. I then filled it half way, which held the brushes but not well. I found that my happy place was 3/4 of the way full (which still didn't use all the sand). It held the brushes perfectly!







SO all-in-all, I am very happy with my "lazy", cost-effective solution! Now go out there and get creative!






No comments:

Post a Comment