Thursday, April 24, 2014

Past Projects

I have a lot of ideas running through my head - and I want to share them all with you! I don't have much content yet, but thought I would share a few ideas of mine that came to a realization and are super easy to re-create. Unfortunately, I don't have step-by-step picture instructions for my "early work", but I will give a brief recap on how I accomplished each item. Check back soon for some more super easy projects!

Here's to hoping that these will spark some interest and some imagination!

"Seeking Sole Mates" Sign


This sign was very easy to create and was my spin off of a Pinterest picture I saw.

I took a regular blank canvas board (Michael's) and painted it dark gray. You can add your own twist by painting it a vibrant color or even adding a design!

I opted to write "Seeking Sole Mates" and drawing the socks by hand, which gave it a more "DIY" look, but you can get a little fancy by tracing letters or even using stencils to help you out.

I chose a blue ribbon to match my laundry room scheme and hot glued each end to the back of the board. I left a little slack so the pins would sit a little lower than the words. I then hot glued the clothes pins to the ribbon and VOILA! a perfect place for sad, lonely socks.

Have you made any simple canvas projects? I'd love to see your work! Do you have questions about this project, the items I used, or what size shoe I wear? I'd love to hear from you!




No comments:

Post a Comment